The Invisalign Treatment
Practical Benefits of Invisalign
Some of the added benefits of treatment with Invisalign are:
- The aligners are practically invisible to the naked eye. This is because the material used to make them is strong yet transparent, making it easy for the aligners to blend in with your teeth, rendering them almost undetectable.
- Invisalign aligners are highly versatile and can be worn throughout the day, except when drinking and eating. Generally, Invisalign aligners may be left in place when consuming cold or hot beverages, but for the latter, it is better to take them off as higher temperatures may affect the durability and strength of the device.
- Prior to eating, simply take off the aligners and proceed as usual. Make sure that, before putting the aligners back in, you have thoroughly rinsed your mouth and that there is no food debris left.
- Invisalign's tight fit is the result of custom molding, done by the dentist for each and every client. This snug fit delivers superior alignment as pressure is being applied to a larger surface area, thus providing better adjustment. Because a larger surface area is being treated, all teeth move as one, resulting in more uniform alignment.
- The Invisalign device adapts and adjusts to how teeth are supposed to be. This characteristic makes it a better and more convenient alternative for the client who intends to wear it long term. There have been many instances when wearers have forgotten that they have them on due to how comfortable they are.
- Invisalign suits an active lifestyle quite well since it does not require the wearer to take extreme precautions when it comes to food choices. All that is needed is to take out the appliances before eating. Prior to putting the aligners back in place, it is best to brush your teeth to ensure that no food debris remains that may get trapped between the aligners and the teeth.
How Invisalign Works
Our dentist will apply the first set of Invisalign aligners to ensure a tight fit that leaves no room for the fixtures to move. Once applied, the appliance's built-in tension starts pulling the teeth in the intended direction. Plus, the material from which they are made is completely clear and blends with the natural color of your teeth.